CRS recently held our annual Valentine’s Bake Off where we encourage employees from all Compass brands to take part in utilising their baking skills while also supporting a fantastic charity, which saw us raise over £468!
CRS Valentine’s Bake Off 2023
This year saw us change things up a little bit by creating some bake off categories which saw the charity team vote for the best baked goods. The office was decorated with a Valentine’s theme and we introduced a Compass-themed bingo that gave everyone at CRS the opportunity to win a £100 voucher of their choice.
We had a wonderful selection of Valentine’s themed cakes, biscuits and a selection of savoury treats. These all went down well with lots of compliments received on how delicious everything was and how much effort each baker had put into baking their delicious goods.
The following categories were formed and the bake off team selected the following as category winners…
- Compass New Comer – (Compass Associates) Jack Hamson’s cheesecake, sausage rolls and blondies
- Savoury Award – (CRS) Izzy Pearson’s halloumi and Spinach pastries
- Sweet Award – tie between (Compass Associates) Jas O’Sullivan’s cheesecake and (Compass Associates) Kane Tonge’s Brownies
- Compass All Stars – (Compass Associates) Katie Jones’ Leaning Tower of Love
- The Mary Berry Award – (Compass Associates) Karis Igoe’s Love Cake
- The Showstopper – (Compass Associates) Jordana Osborn’s Strawberry Cake
- The People’s Choice Award as voted by CRS employees – (Compass Associates) Matt Sheppard’s Salmon
And the winner of the food voucher was Compass Executives’ Head of Research Kieran Mouser!
Why we chose to support The Red Cross
As part of our community and wellbeing incentives, CRS also likes to support a charity relating to community and wellbeing. This time we chose The Red Cross Appeal in light of recent events in Turkey and Syria and the devastating earthquakes. We asked all those taking part for a donation which saw us raise over £468 towards the appeal!
Due to the catastrophic damage and vast humanitarian need in Turkey and Syria right now, we thought it seemed most appropriate to support the invaluable aid that the Red Cross provides in such situations.
About The Red Cross
Established over 150 years ago, The Red Cross is a charity run by volunteers who provide aid during humanitarian crises within the UK and around the World.
Find out more or donate here.
Well done to all for taking part and contributing towards such a wonderful charity! We all had a fantastic day while supporting an amazing cause.